- Welcome! MissinWine = Caroline Henry's personal wine diary. I will use this space to share my experiences of champagne and wine events I have attended,the wineries and growers I have visited and may add some tasting notes of wines that have stood out for me. I hope you like my stories as much as much as I have enjoyed reliving these wonderful moments whilst writing them up:-)
Missinwine on Facebook
Recent Missinwine Stories
- No I am not at war…. I continue to have a dream!
- Champagne harvest – the bioenergetic cuvée Liberance en primeur at Franck Pascal
- Champagne Harvest 2015 – tasting Meunier on the vines and straight out of the press at Champagne Loriot
- Champagne harvest 2015 – the end of harvest at Champagne de Sousa and Champagne Moussé
- Champagne harvest 2015 – choucroute at the Boulards to lift the mood on this rainy last day of harvest.
Category Archives: Caroline’s Champagne
Champagne Harvest 2015 – tasting Meunier on the vines and straight out of the press at Champagne Loriot
I love visiting the Loriots in harvest, I love eating their delicious Meunier grapes whilst listening to all the banter, laughing! This year I took Jess, a friend from New York whom I had spend a day with working selling … Continue reading
On Thursday I visited Champagne de Sousa, getting ready for the end of harvest. I had wanted to visit a few times before but somehow always something came up preventing me. Charlotte told me they started harvest on the 8th … Continue reading
Champagne harvest 2015 – choucroute at the Boulards to lift the mood on this rainy last day of harvest.
In between class preparations I managed to visit the Boulards on this wet Wednesday. It rained cats and dogs when Delphine Richard took me out to the winery to talk about this years harvest. It was her first of being … Continue reading
On Wednesday I spent the day with the Lahaye family. After lunch Benoit first took me to the Argentière vineyard where we checked on the ripeness, before joining his pickers in the youngest part of the Jardin de la Grosse … Continue reading
On Monday morning I spent a few hours with David Léclapart in his Cote des Prés vineyard. He was one of the 3 débardeurs for his pickers, emptying buckets of grapes and bringing the full cases to the end of … Continue reading
Last week I interviewed two different harvesters at Champagne Tarlant. Jacques Bony, a traveller, has been working harvest for the Tarlant family for at least 20 years. “I first came when I was still very young, and ever since we … Continue reading
Champagne harvest 2015 – organic and biodynamic grape syncronicities at Aurélien Lurquin, Emilien Feneuil and Leclerc Briant
This weekend it seemed my visits were very interlinked in more ways than one. Synchronicities had started to happen in a big way already on Friday, when I bumped into Jean-Baptiste Lecaillon and later saw my beloved pick grapes in … Continue reading
The Clos de Cumieres is a 0,5 organic vineyard owned by biodynamic wine guru Hervé Jestin. He bought the land and big farmhouse bordering the Clos from the Leclerc family in 2009 and has been vinifying the parcel since 2010. … Continue reading
On Friday, a biodynamic fruit day, Benoit started harvesting his Rue des Noyers vineyard. Well, since his wee accident it is not actually him going into the vineyard but he is very much in charge in the winey. Benoit fell … Continue reading
As the sun climbed higher in the sky it became t-shirt weather as I pulled up to Champagne Tarlant. It seems it’s always sunny when I visit the Tarlants during harvest; maybe because Benoit, Melanie, Micheline and Jean-Marie are always … Continue reading