- Welcome! MissinWine = Caroline Henry's personal wine diary. I will use this space to share my experiences of champagne and wine events I have attended,the wineries and growers I have visited and may add some tasting notes of wines that have stood out for me. I hope you like my stories as much as much as I have enjoyed reliving these wonderful moments whilst writing them up:-)
Missinwine on Facebook
Recent Missinwine Stories
- No I am not at war…. I continue to have a dream!
- Champagne harvest – the bioenergetic cuvée Liberance en primeur at Franck Pascal
- Champagne Harvest 2015 – tasting Meunier on the vines and straight out of the press at Champagne Loriot
- Champagne harvest 2015 – the end of harvest at Champagne de Sousa and Champagne Moussé
- Champagne harvest 2015 – choucroute at the Boulards to lift the mood on this rainy last day of harvest.
Tag Archives: wine tasting
I am intrinsically attracted to quirky slightly off beat places and tend to look for them wherever I go. Today I want to talk about 2 of these places; I feel they belong in this blog as they have become … Continue reading
Last weekend I attended Prowein in Dusseldorf. Over the past decade Prowein has developed itself into THE wine fair to attend in Europe. It attracts visitors and exhibitors from all over the world and with a lot of determination and … Continue reading
It seems a long time ago now, but the next wine region I visited on my Californian road trip was the prestigious Napa Valley. I have to admit that I did not really have much of a plan of where … Continue reading
Next destination on my wonderful wine trip through California was Paso Robles. I was really excited to visit Paso as a lot of my Californian and International wine friends had been raving about the place. As soon as I drove … Continue reading
After a few days soaking up the sun in SoCal I headed up to the Santa Barbara region to catch up with my friends Sam and Cath from 1000 corks – an excellent US wine search engine BTW – and … Continue reading
I have always wanted to learn more about Californian wines so I decided to take a 2 week wine road trip through California to taste my way up from San Diego to Mendocino county:-) 85% of US wine comes from … Continue reading
In January, I had an inspiring talk with my @rovingsommelier friend Robert Giorgione and felt like I wanted to learn more about wine yet again. Being quite disappointed that I wasn’t going to start the WSET diploma (thank you very … Continue reading