- Welcome! MissinWine = Caroline Henry's personal wine diary. I will use this space to share my experiences of champagne and wine events I have attended,the wineries and growers I have visited and may add some tasting notes of wines that have stood out for me. I hope you like my stories as much as much as I have enjoyed reliving these wonderful moments whilst writing them up:-)
Missinwine on Facebook
Recent Missinwine Stories
- No I am not at war…. I continue to have a dream!
- Champagne harvest – the bioenergetic cuvée Liberance en primeur at Franck Pascal
- Champagne Harvest 2015 – tasting Meunier on the vines and straight out of the press at Champagne Loriot
- Champagne harvest 2015 – the end of harvest at Champagne de Sousa and Champagne Moussé
- Champagne harvest 2015 – choucroute at the Boulards to lift the mood on this rainy last day of harvest.
Category Archives: Wine Regions
The essence of champagne for me is its strong sense of unity that bridges across the regions diversity. It starts at appellation level; Champagne is the only AOC for the sparkling wine of the region. Unlike other French appellations, there … Continue reading
http://www.winebloggersconerence.com, http://www.cornerstonecellars.com/, http://layercakewines.com,http://malmcomm.com, http://twistedoak.com, http://heiditunnellcatering.com/, http://www.kingestate.com/, http://pfeiffervineyards.com/, http://www.amtrak.com/coast-starlight-train, http://ewbcscholarship.com/ Continue reading
I have been thinking a lot lately about blogger’s trips and other freebie’s and what they mean to me or what I expect to take away from them. I think all of this has been brought on by the discussion … Continue reading
This post is a little out of the ordinary as it is probably the most personal message I have ever written to be published in public. Then again sometimes honesty is the only way to make yourself heard… Last week … Continue reading
Last weekend I attended Prowein in Dusseldorf. Over the past decade Prowein has developed itself into THE wine fair to attend in Europe. It attracts visitors and exhibitors from all over the world and with a lot of determination and … Continue reading
In the run up to this Fridays’s first International #PortDay organised by the Centre for Wine Origins I would like to share the beautiful experience fellow #winelover Onneca Guelbenzu and I had visiting a few Port Lodges at the end … Continue reading
As some of you may know I have been travelling for most of the summer looking for the next place to settle and find my place in the (wine) world. Since I passed the certified sommelier exam in February this … Continue reading