- Welcome! MissinWine = Caroline Henry's personal wine diary. I will use this space to share my experiences of champagne and wine events I have attended,the wineries and growers I have visited and may add some tasting notes of wines that have stood out for me. I hope you like my stories as much as much as I have enjoyed reliving these wonderful moments whilst writing them up:-)
Missinwine on Facebook
Recent Missinwine Stories
- No I am not at war…. I continue to have a dream!
- Champagne harvest – the bioenergetic cuvée Liberance en primeur at Franck Pascal
- Champagne Harvest 2015 – tasting Meunier on the vines and straight out of the press at Champagne Loriot
- Champagne harvest 2015 – the end of harvest at Champagne de Sousa and Champagne Moussé
- Champagne harvest 2015 – choucroute at the Boulards to lift the mood on this rainy last day of harvest.
Category Archives: Wine Review
At the end of January the 2010 Antiprima Amarone took place in Verona. I was lucky enough to be the guest of the Valpolicella Consorzio who also scheduled several visits in the region for us. Amarone is the most prestigious … Continue reading
In the run up to this Fridays’s first International #PortDay organised by the Centre for Wine Origins I would like to share the beautiful experience fellow #winelover Onneca Guelbenzu and I had visiting a few Port Lodges at the end … Continue reading
After my report about the actual Natural European Wines Conference (#NEW11) organised by VinNatur, it is now time to talk about the tasting. I had thoroughly enjoyed the conference and was really looking forward to now taste some prime examples … Continue reading
On November 14-15th the first Natural European Wines Conference took place in Zurich. The conference was organised by VinNatur, an Italian Organisation of Natural Wine Producers and Isabelle Legeron MW. Both VinNatur and Isabelle are committed to promoting quality natural … Continue reading
As some of you may know I have been travelling for most of the summer looking for the next place to settle and find my place in the (wine) world. Since I passed the certified sommelier exam in February this … Continue reading
Last week I attended my second #EWBC (European Wine Bloggers Conference). This year the conference really went global with 35 nations being represented amongst the 216 participants. Our hosts were the consortium of Franciacorta and the venue was the beautiful … Continue reading